Principal Strategic Analytics
The ideal candidate is currently in a revenue-producing role within a market research supplier or within the CPG or Retail practice of a top-tier consulting firm (originating or selling material add-on work) as a Director or Principal position. He/she may also be working in an Analytics function within a CPG or Retail environment where they have held considerable revenue or SG&A responsibility.
The Principal is a role critical to the continuing growth of IRI and will be a steward of IRI's history of offering the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Retail industries' unparalleled analytics solutions, which anticipate or outpace industry trends. The Principal will build his/her practice on a largely established base of client partnerships inclusive of marquee logos and some of the fastest growing new market entrants. He/she will capitalize on significant investment in innovation and people; solutions that provide clients with rapid, precise, and immediately actionable recommendations; proprietary data-agnostic technology and automated analytics; and on working collaboratively with a highly seasoned and experience-rich team in the areas of analytics, strategy consulting, CPG, and retail. While a deep proficiency in CPG/Retail Analytics is required, the Principal is not a data-crunching, coding or intensive modeling position.
The Principal is an intensively client-facing role. He/she will "own" a revenue goal. While activities will vary, the Principal can expect to spend his/her time as follows: working with clients to identify business challenges, scope challenges within a project framework, create and close on proposals, deliver profitable engagements and actionable client insights, and establish on-going client relationships focused on serving as a trusted advisor; working with local and overseas project delivery teams; and coordinating activities with peers in other functional activities and serving as an internal evangelist for analytics and consulting capabilities.
The Principal will be responsible for developing new business; building new client relationships; generating revenue.
The Principal will not be typecast to focus on a single solution or client problem. He/she will build an exceptional client experience, drawing from the entire analytics and consulting solutions suite.
Collaboration is central to the Principal's success. Internally, the Principal can expect to work with the broader Analytics & Consulting team, Consumer & Shopper Insights, Client Insights & Delivery, New Business, Media Center of Excellence, Technology and Product Management. Externally, the Principal will work with relevance at all levels up to the CSuite and across the key functions of Market Research, Marketing, Sales, Shopper Insights, Category Management, Strategy, and Brand Management.
While achieving revenue goals is essential, success is equally driven by the Principal securing and building upon long-term client relationships. Working with Date Science team at clients.
* Ten or more years of client-facing analytics experience, including business-building, in one or more of the environments below:
* Top-tier consulting environment o Market Research supplier o Analytics software * CPG manufacturer
- Proven domain CPG-oriented expertise in two or more of the areas below: * Demand Forecasting * Market Measurement * Pricing & Promotion * Assortment * Market Structures * Econometric Modeling * Trade Management
- Leadership. Skilled business operator able to manage his/her business with excellence in a highgrowth and fast-paced environment. P&L experience is a plus. He/she must also have advanced ability to recruit, develop and retain the best-and-brightest talent in the analytics marketplace and motivate cross-functional teams in a matrixed and collaborative setting.
- Business Insights. Strong business insights and consulting experience; able to quickly assess complex client issues and identify root causality versus symptoms.
- Impact. Proven skills to provide his/her clients with clear perceptions and recommendations destined to have material business impact.
- Consultative Selling. Skilled at leveraging his/her domain expertise to identify, originate and close large and complex engagements while also identifying, developing and executing strategies to expand existing engagements and further penetrate client organizations using a disciplined approach; able to design and deliver client account plans.
- Analytics. Proven skills to understand and assimilate multiple data types, spot inconsistencies or story-telling opportunities, and solve client problems with analytic solutions.
- Innovation. Experience contributing materially to new methods, products or services and ideally has an industry following for his/her visionary, yet pragmatic, approach to solving complex issues.
- Able to provide example of moving dialog from the fielding of project requests to insightful and material strategic/programmatic orientation.
- Proven skills to think on his/her meet and communicate succinctly with impact to a variety of audiences from the C-Level to end-users.
- Strong executive poise and presence.
- Keen ability to maintain sharp focus amidst competing priorities; the acumen to effectively manage time, teams and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Expert at conveying technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the drive to build and grow a dynamic and vibrant business.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution; an advanced degree in business or quantitative discipline is strongly preferred. MBA strongly preferred.
About Us As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world's largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
Our Benefits We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, back-up child care, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
Our Culture We're thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new "aha moments!" by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.