Required - Actively working toward Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Required - None
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
* Performs Accounts Payable (AP) duties such as processing AP transactions accurately and timely, entering vendor invoice, and matching invoices to purchase orders.
* Performs Payroll duties such as processing Payroll transactions accurately and timely and preparing FICA recovery spreadsheets and Payroll account reconciliations.
* Records cash payments and fixed assets to Lawson and prepares cash reconciliations.
* Reviews assigned financial statement lines for proper coding and accruals Analyzes assigned GL accounts for proper accruals and coding.
* Analyzes assigned GL accounts for proper accruals and coding and financial statement variances for assigned accounts.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (e.g., more than eight hours a day).
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
There is no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.